Thursday, July 18, 2013

Hard to keep up this week...

This blogging thing is hard! 

I'm trying to be present here on the trip and process through things on my blog, but being present is winning!!!


Here are a few shots from our worksite. 
NOLA is still very devastated, but the native New Orleaneans have such incredible hope! We have a lot to learn from them. 

I promise we are staying hydrated on the site each day! It's been beautiful, with a great breeze each day! I think God is happy we are here ;). 


This is the beginning of the front porch Becky and I are building. The next three pics show our progress.


It's so strong...Josh can even stand on it!!! We don't need no stinkin' ladders!!!


This was the home stretch for the spindles!

As I was reflecting on building this thing...mostly because there is some awesomeness about building things from scratch...I couldn't help but think that this will be a vehicle for community.  People sitting on this front porch sharing stories, laughter, tears. People doing life together.  Pretty cool. 

So, it's Thursday, we are all getting REALLY tired. We have been working our faces off (and eating our faces off). Now is when the injuries can happen. PLEASE pray for safety for our crew! That we might experience a fresh burst of energy that will take us on through Friday so that we might finish strong!

My mom sent this to me this morning:

I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, (Psalm 16:7-9 NIV)

It's just a great reminder to abide in God...even while I'm sleeping! My strength comes from him!

Alright! Time to get my boots on! We are almost to the site! 







No comments:

Post a Comment