Monday, July 15, 2013

Good Morning New Orleans...

What a great morning! It started off with an appropriate text from my sister. 


Today take a little time to read Proverbs 31: 10-31. God wants us to be strong women in our family, to do the work needed for our husbands, children and God. You remind me of this. Roll up your sleeves today, work for The Lord.  Take time and rest to be filled up.  Your rest may come on the job site, letting Him build into you.  Feet forward, palms up, hands open... Be ready to receive.  Others watching you receive will see and learn the love of our Lord!  Love you!     Kim

Man, is this is a GREAT reminder!!! Receive...this is such a great word! 

I looked that word up today and here's what I found: 

1 : to come into possession of :acquire <receive a gift> 2 a : to act as a or container for <the cisternreceives water from the roof> b : to through the mind or senses <receivenew ideas> 3 a : to permit to enter :admit b : welcomegreet c : to react to in a specified manner 4 : to accept as authoritative, true, or accurate : believe 5 a : to support the weight or pressure of : bear b :to take (a mark or ) from the weight of something <some clay receivesclear impressions> c : acquire,experience <received his early schooling at home> d : to suffer the hurt or injury of <received a broken nose>

As I reflect on this entire definition...I'm excited about how this word could play out. 

Acquire: What does God want me to possess? Humility that God is bigger than me? Freedom from performance? 

Contain: This one is my favorite idea! I want to soak up this experience! Being present for whatever is in store this week and soak it ALL up!!! And then be able to pour out the sweet goodness on others. when I return!  I want this trip to fill my bucket!

Mind and Senses: What new and creative gifts will God provide on this trip? How will God inspire me through community and relationships?

Admit/Welcome/Greet: Feet forward, sleeves rolled up, and palms open. Welcoming God into this experience and ready for new growth!!!

Believe: What new truths does God want to show me? Am I accepting him as the true authority

Bear: Is there a burden that I currently bear that I need to give to God? (Maybe a little pride...rejection...performance?)

Experience: I really love this one...I want to truly represent this. I want to be like clay. I want this trip to leave a life changing impression on me. 

Suffer: My continuous prayer...break my heart with the things that make your heart break. May I never become calloused or desensitized to the hurt that is happening in and around me from broken relationships. 

Ok...so I think I have my mind in the game. I'm ready to receive and be present for the sweet gifts that God wants to give me! 

If you are wondering what to pray for, I've bolded some big ideas above under each definition. You can pray around those ideas. And pray that God shows up in big ways today (not just for me, but for everyone that I come in contact with!). 






No comments:

Post a Comment