Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Community.

Tuesday was the first day on the worksite and an opportunity to begin building community with new folks. 



The day started out with cloud cover and a nice breeze. However, we turned the corner at lunch and it was blazing, lava, hot. Between the heat and the sand, I thought for a minute I was getting a hot sugar scrub at a spa - minus the spa and the sugar. 

 
The day ended in the rafters marking blocking for the drywall. Nothing says community like commiserating over hard work and sweat!

We ended the night at a new place called the Republic. It was so good to see the Cefalus and Spuddy and the family!  Our FABC family joined us as well and helped us with the annual 2nd Line. 

Heather is coming to Cincinnati in October! Can't wait!


I even got a chance to introduce Spuddy to my college roommates. They face timed me while they were having dinner. So fun to get to see them all!



I am truly blessed by my community and I'm looking forward to adding a few more to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment